1. Twenty points for finding a autism-related site on Mahalo that you never came across before and writing about it on your blog. Just let me know so I can give you credit!
2. Five extra points for crediting me for inspiring the post (no link necessary.)
3. Five Points for participating in my poll. Just tell me that you voted. Honor system invoked here.
4. Ten points for a detailed comment about Mahalo. (See Mark's post in comment section for a good example.)
5. Twenty points for the person coming up with the most words by rescrambling the letters from Mahalo. Hawaiian and English words of any length will be accepted. Freebie example: ham (don't forget to include it on your list). To be fair, each list will be kept secret until contest ends. Submit your list to me by commenting.
It is not mandatory to have a blog or participate in all five ways listed. The amount of participation depends on how competitive you are. Also you can earn points by commenting throughout the week. You do not have to report or try for points all at once. I'll keep tabs. So far, it looks like that will be easy enough to do. This is a friendly and fun type of contest.
Thank you (Mahalo) for Participating!
(Updated on 12 January 2008 to make contest less convoluted!)
1. Mahalo is a human-powered search engine that creates organized, comprehensive, and spam free search results for the most popular search terms. Our search results only include great links.
2. Many of the great links we find are very hard to find on Google. People who use Mahalo often find great links that they'd never discovered with Google, despite many searches. Our comprehensive result pages also offer great related links that you may not have thought to look for.
3. Say goodbye to spam, mediocre content, and deceptive sites.
4. We focus on the areas where traditional search engines struggle.
5. You can recommend high-quality links to any search term on Mahalo, either by using Mahalo Follow.
6. Mahalo's goal is to hand-write and maintain the top 50,000 search terms