Just when I declared this as my blogger day off, my husband Michael calls me from his office with homework. (OK, to be fair I didn't tell him that I hadn't planned on blogging today). Anyway, my hubby told me to go to his site (American Presidents Blog) collect my assignment. I suspected I had been tagged and I was correct. This is what I found:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
My favorite books are all upstairs on my nightstand or downstairs in storage. His are the books that dominate the bookshelves in our study. This reveals my hubby's love of history and philosophy. The sentences are from: A New Translation of The Dead Sea Scrolls, translated and commented on by Michael Wise, Martin Abegg Jr., and Edward Cook.
1. They "have not sought Him nor inquired of His statutes" (Zeph. 1:6) so as to discover the hidden laws in which they err to their shame.
2. Even the revealed laws they knowingly transgress, thus stirring God's judgmental wrath and full vengeance: the curses of the Mosaic covenant.
3. He will bring against them weighty judgments, eternal destruction with none spared.
Please remember that the above was from my husband's book! We share a study with his books and my papers and scrap booking stuff taking most of the space.
I tag Managing Autism, Information Literacy: Land of Confusion, Look Me in The Eye, Translating Autism, and EBD.
Honorary tags go to Marla Baltes who I believe has already been tagged for the Book Meme and Mother of Shrek who is going on a blogging hiatus.